2023 GSMT Lecture Series
• French Upholstery Then and Now with Bruno Lopez on Thursday, April 13th at 6pm
French Upholstery evolution from Louis XV to Art Deco and beyond. How the French upholstery trade was, and still is, part of the cultural societal construct, How it was influenced by fashion throughout its different monarchs and head of States.
This lecture will demonstrate through a series of illustrations the various style of French upholstery as well as the evolution of the craft; its techniques, materials, tools and how generations of craftsmen, artisans and designers develop new approaches to meet the ever-evolving demands of their designer contemporaries.
In person registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/french-upholstery-then-and-now-with-bruno-paulin-lopez-artisan-in-person-tickets-604037340947
Online registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/french-upholstery-then-and-now-with-bruno-paulin-lopez-artisan-online-tickets-604003178767
• Heaven on the Hudson: Mansions, Monuments and Marvels of Riverside Park with Stephanie Azzarone on Tuesday, April 18th . Ms. Azzarone will unfold the colorful tale of a singular New York City neighborhood. Told in the uniquely personal voice of a long-time resident, it is the only New York City book that features the history, architecture, and personalities of this often overlooked neighborhood, from the 18th century through the present day.
• The Magnificent Bridges of New York City with Dave Frieder on Tuesday April 25th . Mr. Frieder who has climbed and photographed 20 of these great structures will explain how and why he spent 26 years in creating a book on the bridges of New York. He will describe the fine details and history of the bridges.
• The Business of Music and Film with David Polemeni. Vice President Film & Television Publishing at BMG on Tuesday May 2nd at 6pm
• Landmark Lecture with Kate Lemos McHale on Tuesday, May 16th
• The Great New York Fire of 1776: A Lost Story of the American Revolution with Professor Benjamin Carp on Tuesday May 23 at 6pm
• The History and Background of the Montauk Club – Tues June 6th with President of the Montauk Club – Mary Brennan and Vice President Dylan Yeats.
• Landmark Lecture with Meisha Hunter of Li Saltzman Architects on Tuesday, June 20th